This work was composed as a possession
for all time.
κτῆμά τε ἐς αἰεὶ (...) ξύγκειται.
Thudydides, The Peloponnesian War 1.22.4
The Library of the School of Arts and Humanities houses the collections of the Centre for Classical Studies.
Digital Resources in the Library
- Année Philologique (Brepolis)
- In Principio (Brepolis)
- International Encyclopaedia for the Middle Ages (Brepolis)
- Lexikon des Mittelalters Online (Brepolis)
- International Bibliography of Humanism and Renaissance (Brepolis)
- International Medieval Bibliography Online
- Brill’s Medieval Reference Library
- Dictionnaire d’histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques (Brepolis)
- Database of Latin Dictionaries (Brepolis)
An open access version of all publications of the researchers of the Centre for Classical Studies is available at the repository of the School of Arts and Humanities.
Free Online Resources for Classicists
Produced by the CEC
The following open access resources were the outcome of projects hosted by the Centre for Classical Studies.
CODOLPOR (Corpus Documentale Latinum Portucalense) consists of medieval documents written in Latin mainly prior to the year 1200 in Portuguese territories, which are available online via a searchable platform.
Women Writers in Portuguese before 1900
ESCRITORAS is an on-line catalogue of Portuguese Women Writers active prior to 1900.
Luís da Cruz Digital
This webpage gathers texts, critical editions and bibliography related to the Portuguese Jesuit Luís da Cruz (1543-1604)